Granville Island Brewery Tour – Fantastico!
Yesterday I went on a tour of the Granville Island Brewery [gib] and oh what fun it was! The tour takes approximately half an hour and you learn more about beer (and life) than you ever could imagine, such as
- The difference between lager and ale
- Why Pale Ale is called such, even though it is kind of dark
- Why commercial beers suck
- Pushy elderly Australian men know much, much more about beer than the trained Tour Staff
- It is nearly impossible to say Hefeweizen after your fourth taster glass.
and other interesting facts! The tour starts…..
The tour starts with a thorough explanation of what Barley is, and goes on from there! At the end, you get to sample four of Vancouver’s finest beers, and if you’re lucky, you get to hear an Australian tourist undermine the tour guide by contradicting the things she says because he’s an “expert”.
All of this, plus the memories, for a very low price! The perfect activity for a lazy Saturday afternoon.