Vancouver Five: how I learned to stop worrying and love the snow
With yet another day of fresh snow covering Vancouver’s streets Vancouver Metblogs brings you a handy guide to stop fighting the snow and give into its seductive white squishy-self. Below are five practical ways to get through this most white of Christmases.
- Pretend that you’re paying an even more inflated price for rent and are actually up in your suite in Whistler. Hell pretend it’s 2010 and you’re going to watch Americans and Russians battle it out to see who can ski down a mountain fast enough. People from all around the world are going to pay through the nose to experience this kind of winter, and you’re getting it for free so stop being ungrateful.
- Fly to Florida for the next month. I mean as much as they like to pass themselves off as winter warriors all of Quebec is closed until March since they’ve all fled down south.
- Stuff a space heater down your pants now that you finally have a non-sexual excuse.
- Boxing Day it’s the Canucks versus the Oilers at GM Place. I’m not sure who I’m cheering for yet, but it’s a last chance to see the Canucks before the team is either elevated or Borked by the arrival of Sundin.
- Stay in and read Metroblogging Vancouver. Oh who am I kidding, stay in and drink.