Number of Posts: 830
Jeffery Kelly Simpson was born in Edmonton Alberta in the year 1978 at a very young age. Like most children he eventually grew up, though unlike most he had the poor sense to go online instead of going out with pretty girls. In high school he had a blog before people knew what blogs were, and by the time that people knew what blogs were he had several of them.
As an undergraduate student at the University of British Columbia's Okanagan Campus he became involved with the student newspaper the Phoenix. At first he only wanted to write music reviews and get free CDs but before he knew it he was the News Editor and then later worked his way up to being the Editor-In-Chief and then the Managing Editor.
Though his work with the Phoenix he got involved with the Canadian University Press where he took a seat on the board of directors of Campus Plus, the world's largest student owned advertising agency. He was a contributing editor for the short lived agent magazine, Canada's first national student owned and operated glossy magazine.
While still in university he began working as a freelance technology writer for IGN.com the entertainment and video game website. Jeffery began local freelancing shortly afterwards, writing for The Kelowna Daily Courier and eVent! magazine and is currently a regular contributor to the technology section of The Georgia Straight.
He is currently the City Captain for Vancouver Metblogs and maintains his own blog as well as a blog about being a fan of the English Premier League team Arsenal while living across the Atlantic in Vancouver. He is also an active photography habit which he displays on Flickr.
After years of being single, and writing about it constantly, he is engaged to be married to Lydia Skinner whom he loves and who seems to love him.
- Dine Out Vancouver 2010, 22 Apr 2010 in Dine Out Vancouver&Drinks
- Olympocalypse! Canada loses in hockey and I make a video, 23 Feb 2010 in Around Town&Canucks&Olympics&video
- Photobooth Vancouver is the new hotness, 29 Aug 2009 in Around Town&Photography&Vancouver Life
- Former England and Vancouver Royals manager Sir Bobby Robson dies, 31 Jul 2009 in Sports&Whitecaps
- Whitecaps down the Timbers, 26 Apr 2009 in Sports&Whitecaps
- Fame, it’s a terrible thing, 20 Mar 2009 in Opinion&The Internet&Twitter
- MLS, seasons tickets and an underwear model, 20 Mar 2009 in Sports&Whitecaps
- The MLS is coming to Vancouver, 19 Mar 2009 in Sports&Whitecaps
- Vancouver Five: new names for GM Place, 10 Mar 2009 in Canucks&Opinion&Sports&Vancouver 5
- Metroblogging Vancouver is looking for you, 05 Feb 2009 in Uncategorized
- The effectiveness of protests, 05 Feb 2009 in Uncategorized
- Merry Christmas, 25 Dec 2008 in Holidays&Mobile Post
- Vancouver feet in Time, 24 Dec 2008 in Around Town
- Vancouver Five: how I learned to stop worrying and love the snow, 24 Dec 2008 in Around Town&Vancouver 5&Weather
- Vancouver comic blog Between Staples shuts down, 23 Dec 2008 in Arts and Entertainment&Vancouver Blogs
- Snow: Informer, 21 Dec 2008 in Traffic&Transportation&Weather
- Wishing it away: Matthew Good, a biography and Wikipedia, 20 Dec 2008 in Arts and Entertainment&Vancouver Blogs
- Mats Sundin brings memories of Messier, 19 Dec 2008 in Canucks&Sports
- Vancouver’s Monopoly on the iPhone, 17 Dec 2008 in Arts and Entertainment
- Looking back on Sam Sullivan, 15 Dec 2008 in News and Politics&Opinion&Politics