Number of Posts: 830
Jeffery Kelly Simpson was born in Edmonton Alberta in the year 1978 at a very young age. Like most children he eventually grew up, though unlike most he had the poor sense to go online instead of going out with pretty girls. In high school he had a blog before people knew what blogs were, and by the time that people knew what blogs were he had several of them.
As an undergraduate student at the University of British Columbia's Okanagan Campus he became involved with the student newspaper the Phoenix. At first he only wanted to write music reviews and get free CDs but before he knew it he was the News Editor and then later worked his way up to being the Editor-In-Chief and then the Managing Editor.
Though his work with the Phoenix he got involved with the Canadian University Press where he took a seat on the board of directors of Campus Plus, the world's largest student owned advertising agency. He was a contributing editor for the short lived agent magazine, Canada's first national student owned and operated glossy magazine.
While still in university he began working as a freelance technology writer for IGN.com the entertainment and video game website. Jeffery began local freelancing shortly afterwards, writing for The Kelowna Daily Courier and eVent! magazine and is currently a regular contributor to the technology section of The Georgia Straight.
He is currently the City Captain for Vancouver Metblogs and maintains his own blog as well as a blog about being a fan of the English Premier League team Arsenal while living across the Atlantic in Vancouver. He is also an active photography habit which he displays on Flickr.
After years of being single, and writing about it constantly, he is engaged to be married to Lydia Skinner whom he loves and who seems to love him.
- Everyone in the nation is laughing at our driving right now, 14 Dec 2008 in Transportation&Weather
- Vancouver’s new and old media face-off online, 02 Dec 2008 in Arts and Entertainment&Opinion&The Internet&Vancouver Blogs
- Vancouver blog news, 26 Nov 2008 in Tech&Vancouver Blogs
- Finding diamonds in Canada’s north, 26 Nov 2008 in Tech
- Best election ad ever?, 13 Nov 2008 in Politics
- World Diabetes Day Friday, 12 Nov 2008 in Around Town&VAG
- Glen Anderson makes the Hockey Hall of Fame, 11 Nov 2008 in Canucks&Sports
- There’s always something left out, 06 Nov 2008 in The Internet&Vancouver Blogs
- First Vancouver gets an Apple Store and now a… erm Newton Conference?, 22 Oct 2008 in Around Town
- When Canada gets on TV, 19 Oct 2008 in Arts and Entertainment&Canucks&Television
- Vote now. Vote today. Vote for…, 14 Oct 2008 in Uncategorized
- The Stanley Park Ghost Train Rides Again, 13 Oct 2008 in Around Town&Festivals&Holidays&Live Shows
- Canucks win the Stanley Cup, 10 Oct 2008 in Canucks&Opinion
- The noise outside my window means Harper’s in town, 08 Oct 2008 in News and Politics
- Matthew Good Live At Massey Hall: Review, 08 Oct 2008 in Arts and Entertainment&Live Shows&Music&Vancouver Blogs
- "We Are All Canucks" more than just branding?, 04 Oct 2008 in Canucks&Opinion
- Vancouver online in 2001, 30 Sep 2008 in History&Vancouver Blogs
- Luongo made captain in decision only slightly against the rules, 30 Sep 2008 in Canucks
- Vancouver Blogs: The Vancouver Sun knows the internets, 29 Sep 2008 in Opinion&Vancouver Blogs
- Hey Vancouver, make sure you’re registered to vote, 23 Sep 2008 in News and Politics